Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lo que amo los Miércoles

Happy February to everyone! I guess I should start participating in the "WILW" posts, so here ya go:

[ONE]





<~~~ Yup, there he is acting like he is "someone special" (He is!)

 I love the month of February for two MAIN reasons. *ONE* My wonderful hubby's birthday and Valentine's day come around, and *TWO* this month has been notoriously known for dropping in some snow (if that is what you want to call it) for us Mississippians.

[TWO]

I am LOVING my new promotion and having my own store to run!!!!!

*The front parking lot view of my store*

[THREE]

My BIG GIRL is starting daycare Monday! :( I have mixed feelings about this, as any mommy would, but I know it is what is best for her in the long run. Thrilled to let her have some interaction with other kids!



*Seems like just yesterday we were giving her first kisses to her... my baby is growing up so quickly!!!*

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL start to their month today! I will leave you with a DELICIOUS recipe, of course:

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef (or chicken) 
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (8 ounce) can  tomato sauce
  • 4 (8 inch)  flour tortillas
  • 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • OPTIONAL for garnish (black olives, sour cream, salsa, cheese dip, diced tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos)
Directions
  1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef and onion.
  2. Preheat oven to 400°.
  3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour (stir constantly for about 20-30 seconds). Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce to pan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes (stirring occasionally). Add 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture to beef mixture (set aside 1/2 cup tomato mixture).
  4. Place 1 tortilla in a 9-inch pie plate. Top with 1 cup beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending with tortilla. Spread reserved tomato mixture over tortilla. Top with cheese (I like to add jalapenos, black olives, diced tomatoes, etc. as well). Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cool slightly. Cut into wedges just like a pie. Add sour cream, lettuce, salsa, cheese dip, etc. to the top, if desired)
NOTE: If you use chicken, it is best to boil the chicken (also use chicken broth instead of beef broth).
          

1 comment:

  1. WHOOPS! I forgot to tell you; I like to call this recipe "Enchilada Casserole".

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a thought (or recipe)...