This writer argued that she is more-or-less a better person than others because she took birth control and CONTROLLED HER OWN outcome of whether or not she had children through high school, college, settling down, etc. Who controlled it? According to this writer, SHE DID! She also stated that the reason her life is SO MUCH BETTER than others is because she went through college without children and got a good job after graduating (and in no way am I saying that those plans are not good plans, but I am saying that those plans are really not HER PLANS!). She lastly argued that her children will have a much better life because they will be able to afford things like vacations and nice clothes, etc. WHAT????? OOHH, how I try not to just comment and tell her off at this point! I was successful. I bit my tongue and said a small prayer to God.
"God please help me get through this anger and aid me to not pass judgement on others. You are the Judge, the Jury, and the Answer to it all. Amen".
I have a few points to offer those of you still reading...
1) It is not the right thing to do to argue that you (or anyone) is a better person than another. What you have/do does not reflect on what others have/do or do not have/do. I grew up materialistically poor and without things I wanted. There were times when my friends would all go to the beach during the summer, and I can remember wishing that I could be in their family because my life would be so much easier. I WAS WRONG! I had one thing that most of those people I envied didn't... I had the love of a WONDERFUL mother and sister and family! I never even stepped foot on a beach until I was 7 months pregnant with McKinlee (I was 20 years old). I am getting side-tracked on this point. LOL!
2) Who controls the outcome of YOUR life? Is "your" even the correct word to use in this instance, I am not sure? God controls it ALL! If God wants you to conceive a child, he will give that child to you. He is more powerful than any type of science (birth control methods)...and He is CERTAINLY more powerful than YOU! It rubs me the wrong way when I hear people say that they have control of what they are doing with their life. The only time you really have COMPLETE control of YOUR life is when you lay your life at GOD'S FEET and let him take the reins!
3) Another problem I had while reading this writing was that the writer believed that her children were going to have a much better life because her and her husband make really good money. WOW! This one really hit home with me the most and made me want to go through the computer screen and rip the text into tiny shreds! LOL! My husband and I have been searching for a job for him for almost 3 years now. Not everyone who graduates college with a degree can go out and find a job right off of the bat, especially in these times. He is proof. So, this writer is going to basically tell me that since my husband and I do not make enough money in a year to send our children to the BEST OF THE BETS private schools, take annual vacations, buy designer clothing (that they grow out of in a month, mind you - LOL!), and eat the fanciest restaurants every night that we will not provide a great upbringing to our children?!?! My child will know that she is loved by her parents, her siblings, her family, and most importantly HER GOD! If we are able to put back some money for a vacation, then she will get that experience. If not, then she will be just fine too. The problem with everyone nowadays is that everything always has to be BIGGER and BETTER than your neighbors. Why? Why can't what you have be the best it can be? My husband's lack of "luck" finding a job in his field is not the most ideal way people would consider our life to be, but it is in God's plan. We have to trust in Him to provide for us. I would rather my husband work for his daddy for the rest of his life and do it proudly and to the best of his ability than to ever find a job where his salary compromises his Faith and Belief in Him. I am so blessed to have the family and friends who are always there for me when times get tough. I have met some amazing people who inspire me daily to give more to my Lord.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR LIFE IF YOU LET GOD TAKE CONTROL!
Simply put, get over it and let God take care of your problems.... afterall, He is always the ANSWER!
Thanks for listening to my RANT! Here's a recipe for today:
Smothered Steak and Veggies
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cube beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- Trim any fat from round steak and slice meat into thin 2 to 3 inch long strips. Remove the seeds and core from the green bell pepper, and slice into thin 3 inch long strips.
- In a large frying pan over medium to high heat add oil and cook meat until medium rare, add peppers and continue cooking until meat is browned.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add tomatoes, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper and ginger. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Dissolve bullion cube and corn starch in 2 cups water and stir well before adding to simmering beef. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce resembles the consistency of gravy. Remove from heat and serve over a bed of rice.
- To cook rice: In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in 1 cup of rice. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Have a BLESSED day, everyone! LOVE YOU ALL!